Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review of Lola Stark's Tattered Love


 
4.5 Star Review of Tattered Love by Lola Stark

I have gotten so lucky lately in the books I’ve read. I can’t remember the last time I went on a streak of all 4 & 5 star books. This one, though…wow. Have you ever read a book and just saw yourself in every single aspect of it? Not simple things like, “Oh! She and I have the same color hair!” No, I’m talking about to the point where you want to ask the author, “Ummmm, have you been hiding in my bushes?” Which is exactly what I asked Lola Stark every few pages while I was reading Tattered Love. 

Book Description:

When ex-Special Ops bad-ass Mace walks into Needle's Kiss tattoo parlor, he never expected to find the girl who would turn his life upside down.
Hard as nails Scarlett has been unlucky in love: she’s been burnt, chewed up and spat out. Reluctant to have another relationship, can she keep her wits about her when hot-as-sin Mace walks into her tattoo parlor? Or will he break her down and leave his mark within her ink?
What starts out as a little fun, turns into something so much more.
Can Scarlett look beyond Mace's devastating past or will his demons come back to haunt them both?
Content warning: contains steamy, anywhere-goes sex, an alcohol induced embarrassing night out and two headstrong lovers taken on a whirlwind of crazy.

This book provokes every single emotion a person can go through. The excruciating lows that make you Kim K Ugly Cry…we’re talking red puffy faced with snot…just…everywhere because you don’t want to move away from your kindle long enough to get actual tissues--- to the incredible highs of laughing so hard your belly hurts.

I personally identified with the story because I felt like I was reading about my home. I’m from Fayetteville, NC, which is the town next to Ft Bragg. It’s known for the ridiculous amount of tattoo shops in such a small city, I guess we thought “So many soldiers to tattoo, so little time…” lol! Anywho, the beginning of the story takes place in Scarlett’s tattoo shop and it so detailed, so descriptive, that in your head you can hear the tattoo guns, smell the disinfectant, see all the bright colors of the tattoo posters on the walls…I have 11 tattoos and reading made my addiction flare up!

This is Lola Stark’s first book, but you would never know it.  The pace of the book flows nicely; you aren’t bored at any time. There’s the perfect amount of sex…just when it seems like they might be having an unrealistic amount of nooky, Lola cleverly hints at it, then moves along with the story. Scarlett is a really likable chick, very important to me when reading a romance; it’s not all about the dude for me. But if it WAS all up to the dude for me to like a story…Mace would have definitely done it. Mace…le sigh. If he was a real guy, I would find him, and he would be mine. Scarlett be damned! He was my perfect man, described just like my husband (told you I asked her if she stalked me) dark good looks, tatted up, domineering and bossy. Ugh! Totally lickable.

But, like I told Lola, Tattered Love got a 4.5 instead of a 5 because she made me ugly cry. I don’t like to cry…bitch. But seriously. Go buy this book…like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment