Monday, June 17, 2013

Varick: The Reckoning by Red Phoenix


Photo of Kayla the Bibliophile by Sarah Grusenmeyer
As ya'll know by now, I'm completely obsessed with Red Phoenix's Brie Series. I was all caught up with it and was needing my Red fix so I started looking into her other books. I started out this blogging journey as a hardcore paranormal romance fanatic so when I saw she had a vampire book I knew I had to read it! Plus, I did a vampire photoshoot with the uber talented Sarah Grusenmeyer and needed a book to review to release along with the awesome shot we got! So here goes:
Varick is a darker read as far as my regular paranormals go. I normally like super humorous supernatural books, but this one was intriguing because of the internal struggle of our leading fellow. He was forced into being a "monster" as he calls himself, but fights the urges and tries to stay as good as possible. He learns how to stay alive while hurting as few people as possible. Then he meets Aleshia. She conjures feelings inside him that he has never felt before. After striking a deal with her, the book sends you on a rollercoaster of twists and turns: in the plot and your emotions. The story has it all: love, sorrow, revenge, good vs. evil, plus there is NO WAY you can guess the ending. I love how you have no idea if its going to end in an HEA or not, not until the very last pages. For a while there, I had no idea if this book was even a love story. But the tale itself is such an adventure that it doesn't matter if its a Romance or not. Its a steamy read, you fall for the sexy vampire who wills himself to stay good, and you can't help but get giddy when he exacts his vengeance.
For a quick, sexy, paranormal read that will give you an adrenaline rush and a strong sense of satisfaction at the end, I DEFINITELY recommend Varick by Red Phoenix!
Please Like my Facebook Page HERE

1 comment: