Wednesday, July 3, 2013

5 Star Review: NJ Cole's Midnight Caller


 


I was contacted a few weeks ago by a new author by the name of NJ Cole. Her book, Midnight Caller, intrigued me from the moment I read the description. But I've been tricked before! I've read some pretty outstanding blurbs, only to be disappointed by the book. I think the reason I loved even just the description so much, was because it was short and sweet. Have you ever watched a movie and then realized ALL the good parts were in the preview? Total let down, right? Well definitely not in this case! She gave us just enough to peek our interest and then the rest is a whirlwind of hottness that is: Midnight Caller.

Book Description:
Rebecca Summers enjoys pleasing herself with the curtains open. That is, until a mysterious man calls to tell her that he is watching. Her fantasy becomes reality as she begins to perform for this stranger, following his instructions over the phone while he watches from afar. Rebecca’s world is turned upside down when finally they meet and she enters into a D/s relationship with her Midnight Caller.

The one thing the description DIDN'T give you that it probably should is the fact that it is paranormal-ish. If I had known that, it would have shot straight to the top of my TBR list. I won't tell you what the characters are... part of the fun was building up to the point where you find out. But I will tell you, they aren't anything like I've ever read before, and they were DELICIOUS!
I didn't do a bunch of research on this author or book simply because lately, I've been reading as many BDSM romances as I can get my hands on! I didn't want anyone's opinions getting into my head which has been happening to other people with Indie authors. The book is so well written, with characters that you absolutely love (and hate!) and at the end, it leaves you craving more. There's a small cliffhanger...not a giant one where you're like WTF HAPPENS????? You KNOW what happens when you get there from the prophecies that Oliver's father has...she just leaves it at the perfect spot to continue the tale of Oliver and Bec. Which I will be 1st in line when she writes the sequel!
5 stars people!!!!
You can find it at Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Caller-NJ-Cole/dp/1484880846/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1372860835&sr=8-3&keywords=midnight+caller

No comments:

Post a Comment