Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Rebecca Donovan YA Edition: Dare to Tell the Truth with Kayla the Bibliophile


Rebecca Donovan: YA Edition
 

 
Let’s start with a little warm-up…
What would you say is the most embarrassing thing you have done or had done to you?
I blush very easily, but I don’t necessarily get embarrassed easily. I think the most mortified I’ve been was when I was thirteen, walking to the beach with my best friend (she inspired Sara in The Breathing Series) and just as we passed these super cute older boys, I tripped. I didn’t fall, but I flailed. And then she bent over, pointing, laughing hysterically. I tried to convince myself that they wouldn’t have realized I tripped if she hadn’t blatantly pointed it out. Yeah… they noticed.
Craziest Fan moment? (Either YOU as the fan, or a fan of yours!)
My fans are very passionate, and I love them for that. I actually love it when they get a little crazy. I just means I did something right and affected their lives in such a way that they’re willing to be a little crazy when they see me. It’s humbling because I know I’m just a person, just as they are. But it also reaffirms that I am doing what I am meant to do.
Pick one!
Favorite book and/or author?
 The impossibility of favoritism. I read for entertainment. And at times, there are books that both touch and enlighten me. I think one of those books is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It was recommended to me years ago, and I am so grateful that I read it.
Import or Muscle car?
Although there is something sexy about a muscle car, and I like to drive fast—I’m more of an import girl. I prefer the sleek lines. But it still needs to go fast.
Favorite song and/or musician?
This is the most impossible question you could have asked. I’m music obsessed!! I travel across the country to see bands. So I’ll share with you my latest obsession… Kodaline. Every song is amazing. I have traveled twice to see them, and they are soooo worth it!
White, Dark or Milk Chocolate?
Milk Chocolate when I write. But I love Dark Chocolate with a glass of red wine.
Sam or Dean Winchester?
Don’t hate me, but I don’t watch Supernatural. I keep saying I want to, but I feel so behind at this point… Anyway, based on looks alone… Dean.
Commando, Boxers or Briefs?
I personally don’t wear boxers or briefs. But if I were to, I’d prefer the snug comfort of boxer-briefs. And I may also prefer the way they look on a guy too. Ha!
Damon or Stephan Salvatore?
Damon’s sarcasm is epic! I liked it better when he was straight out evil, to be honest. There wasn’t a conflict. That was back in the day when Stephan wasn’t so morose and whiny too. I have a thing for guys who just want to do the right thing for the girl they love, no matter what, so… Stephan.
Wine or Mixed drink?
I usually prefer not to mix my liquor with anything other than ice.
Coke or Pepsi?
Since Mountain Dew is a Pepsi product, then I’m all about Pepsi.
Biker boy or Rocker dude?
Rocker—without hesitation. But he has to be talented.
Do you believe in vampires?
I wouldn’t be surprised by the existence of anything…
If you could have a super power what power would you pick?
The power of persuasion
What would you do with your super power if you had it?
Make the world way more happy!
Would you abuse your super power? How?
Maybe… to throw a worldwide party with LOTS of music!!
Enough warm-up, let’s play ball!
Tell us about your 1st fangirl moment.
I try to avoid making an idiot of myself. Doesn’t always work. But I try. Which means I don’t typically approach celebrities. I tend to respect them for the craft they give to me, and let them be. I try to separate the art from the artist.
How do you react when you meet your favorite authors?
With respect and admiration. And if I have an opportunity to discuss their talent, I am honored to do so.
If you could see any band live, who would it be?
Hmm…. The Bravery.
What would be your last meal?
A bottle of Lauren Perrier Rose Brut Champagne. That is all.
What’s in your purse?
Not much. I prefer to carry just a wallet. My purse fits in the palm of my hand – money, credit cards, ID, gum and Burt’s Bees lip shimmer.
How do you come up with your characters’ names?
It’s not easy. The name has to fit the personality— and every name has a personality attached to it.
Are any of your characters based on real people? If so, give us a hint!
I strip out personality traits from people I know and insert them in my characters often. Some characters are a combination of people I know. Certain parts of my personality can be found flitting around in my female characters. If you know me, you can see me in everything I write.
What was your favorite drink as a kid?
Raspberry Blue Kool-Aid (it followed me to college too but just ended up being mixed with vodka)
If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Fresh Berries with Crème Fraiche… on top of a decadent piece of chocolate cake!
What would be your fantasy vacation?
I really want to go on a romantic vacation to Tahiti and stay in one of those huts sitting over the ocean.
If you could do a signing anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’d like to visit my Italian fans. I’m quite certain I would love Italy.
What is your biggest fear?
Insignificance
That was a homerun! Let’s unwind, shall we?
What would you do if you could be a guy for a day?
Everything!! So I can remember what it’s like to look, feel and act like a guy so I can write about it with ease!
 
How would you describe yourself so that someone could pick you out?
Sparkly. Hahaha!
What's the last thought in your head that involved someone you like?
“You can kiss me any time now.”
What is a question you want me to ask you?
“When can I read your next book?”
Answer: I’m not exactly sure of the exact release date for WHAT IF, but sometime this fall!
What is a question you refuse to answer?
Anything pertaining to my personal, intimate life.
Any tats or piercings? If so, where?
Four tattoos… so far. On my shoulder, forearms and back. I’ve had piercings.
Favorite thing about a significant other?
Confidence
Least favorite thing about a significant other?
Arrogance (there is a difference between the two)
Pet peeve?
Sniffling (shiver). So Gross!!
So tell us something nobody knows about you?
Nice try.
What did you think while reading these questions?
How to tell you without totally telling you… ha!
Thank you for answering my less-naughty questions. Was it as good for you as it was for me?
Did you have anything else you’d like to say before we go?
I am a writer because it’s who I am. It is not a choice. It is interwoven within my soul. But I am an author because you chose to read what it is I have to say. For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment