Thursday, December 5, 2013

Julia's Scrapbook

Gabriel is forever teasing me because I'm always saving brochures from the museums and places he takes me, and snapping pictures everywhere we go. He surprised me yesterday with this gorgeous leatherbound scrapbook (he's so thoughtful), so I can finally display my little collection instead of keeping them in my Christian Louboutin shoe box. It'll be fun going through it and remembering all the little things (and big things) we've shared together.
 
 
 
Ah, my handsome professor can't just write with any old Bic pen...
His words are worthy of only the finest in writing utensils.
 Meisterstuck 149 fountain pen
 
Gabriel and my accomodations at the Cloisters of Magdalen College. He was so livid, which made me giggle, so I made sure to get a picture of the luxury...


Couldn't resist this postcard of a fantastic view of Oxford University.
 
After Gabriel told me that CS Lewis was inspired by these strange stone figures when he wrote The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe, I made sure to get a picture of them.
 
I got to go to The Eagle and Child while in Oxford. It's where the Inklings used to meet. It was like stepping back in time, and I could just picture those brilliant men having a pint at their favorite table.
 
While I was having "girl time" with Katherine, Gabriel met his friend at the Kings Arms Pub.
He snapped this picture for me since I didn't get to go.


Probably the neatest place I saw while at the university was Radcliffe Camera. One of my brochures even tells about a vampire that used to live in the old structure. I made sure to snap this picture the night he took me because of the beautiful way it was lit against the night sky.
 
 


Since Gabriel couldn't stand staying in our guest room at Magdalen another night, we moved to the impressive hotel that fit his style much better.

The Randolph Hotel, Oxford, England

The view from our hotel room at the Randolph was amazing. Right across the street was the Ashmolean Museum!
Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, England

We visited Assisi for a few days after we left Oxford. We lit candles and prayed for many things. It was incredible, like you were whispering your hopes and dreams right into St Francis's ear.
Tomb of St. Francis of Assisi, Assisi, Italy

Oh Umbria, my favorite place in the entire world. Found these pretty postcards in town.
Umbria, Italy

More Umbria, Italy

Uffizi needs no caption. Mmmmmm....
But besides that, this is where my wonderful husband decided to share his
collection of Botticelli Illustrations with the world.



Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy

Gabriel's Cologne...yes, I snapped a picture of his cologne. See why he teases me mercilessly?
Aramis Cologne

 
Gabriel got me a beautiful necklace that had these charms on it.
 He's always surprising me with sweet, thoughtful presents.

 
 


Oh no! I've come to the last page of my beautiful scrapbook.
I really do take a lot of pictures.
We'll call this book Volume 3 since I decided to start with my most recent
adventures with my hubby.
I'll just work my way backwards, I guess.
It'll be fun when I get to the bottom of my shoebox and see my momentos from college in Toronto.
I think I even saved my syllabus from Professor Emerson's class...


1 comment: