Monday, October 14, 2013

Bullet Review



What if you discover the man you want is toxic?

Let me start off by saying that we all have our favorite authors.  You know the ones.  You drop everything and ignore the books in your TBR pile as soon as the book drops.  Jade C. Jamison is one of 5 authors I will drop the thousands of books waiting for me to start reading.  I have also been known to stop MID BOOK to start her new release. 

Bullet was a long time coming; Jade started writing this book in College.   At 163,600 words it is the longest of Jade’s works by almost 60,000 words.  I was on a reading break when the book arrived at my door but when the break was over it was game on. 

The book was a challenge for me because I am a HEA reader; I REALLY want my characters to have all roses with few thorns.   I also have an issue with a man mistreating a woman, ANY woman. I was only a few chapters in before I wanted to put it down and start something else. From the Amazon reviews I read on this book, I was not alone.  Ultimately, I had to trust in Jade and her mad skills and I’m here to tell you, I’m so very glad I did.

Valerie Quinn is a naïve college freshman when she meets on-the-rise rock star Ethan Richards. He’s an idealistic, handsome, reckless young man, but he’s captured her heart. She doesn’t give up on him and eventually his walls crumble down. By the time Valerie has given herself to him completely, she discovers he’s damaged and may be beyond help.

Jade has a way of drawing you into her novels.   She makes me feel like I could take a trip out to Colorado and run into these people; they are that real. I had my favorite BBF (book boyfriend) from the beginning but Jade also has a talent for making you fall for EVERY guy in the book for one reason or another, hence the follow-up books Rock Bottom and the soon to be released Feverish. 

Can she save Ethan and their relationship before he implodes, or will he self-destruct and take her with him?  She tasted a little bit of heaven with him, and now they’ve gone through hell and back, but can their relationship take anymore?

"Well guess you better call me Clay. You want a bad boy, ask for Jet.  He'll come running, secret boyfriend or not."              - Jade C. Jamison, Bullet 

Needless to say, I REALLY liked Jet and can’t wait for Feverish!!            ~SS

No comments:

Post a Comment