Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sassy Sara's Review of Fake by Jade Jamison


Wow...

What is it about Jade C Jamison's writing that seems to trigger insomnia?  Two nights in a row I had no sleep because my stomach was in knots and adrenaline was coursing through my veins making me feel like I had 10 cups of coffee in a single sitting.  As you should all know by now, Nicki is what brought me to Jade so when I heard this book was being released there was no way I was going to miss the opportunity to get you hooked!


I have had this book on countdown since Jade released a date and sometimes that can be a bad thing. Will the plot work? Will I still love these characters as much as I once did? Will she put a wedge in my favorite couple? Well, I can say without any hesitation that this book was well worth the wait. I was sucked right back into the world of Nicki Sosebee and all her friends so quickly that I felt like I had never left. Sean, Jesse, Jillian and Brandy all remain devoted fixtures in Nicki's life in the small Colorado town of Winchester. There are some new characters that bring a new plot twist as well as some returning characters like the sarcastic cop, Nathan Wright, and her lovable Winchester Tribune boss, Neil.  Sean makes her heart beat out of her chest just by staring into her eyes so when he starts to seem distracted and won't tell her what's going on, she starts to worry.  Sean has never been the type to readily share his feelings with anyone so is this all in her mind or has he been drinking more and working later than normal?


When Sean's behavior starts to worry her, she turns to the one man she can trust aside from Sean who also happens to be her ex, Jesse.  His feelings for her are no secret to anyone but will he make a move on his best friend's girl?  More importantly, will she LET him?  Will Nicki's relationship with Sean stand the test of time and his strong relationship with Jesse? My friends and I have our theory on where this story will go because there were just as many questions answered as asked.  If you have read ANY of my reviews for Jade, you should know by now that I am 100% Team Sean.  Hands down.  To know that there could be conflict for him in this book just about made me run screaming from reading it.  Fortunately, Jade is so fucking awesome that after a while you eventually start CRAVING the conflict.  


Jade said that she is hoping to have another Nicki book out before the end of the year (fingers crossed!!) so we should be able to find out more about our lovable Winchester mob in a few months!  All I can really say for certain is that there's a storm brewing in Winchester. 
Make sure you brace yourself!

Buy Fake!

Amazon
Barnes & Nobles

Stalk Jade

Facebook
Street Team

Much Love
~ Sassy Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment