Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Kerrelyn Sparks

I'm super excited to be telling you about this author; a delightful lady named Kerrelyn Sparks :-)
I came across this series at a Books-A-Million during my now ex-husband's deployment. Needless to say I went through a LOT of books during that time period. Its when they had recently created a specified section for "Paranormal Romance" and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. No more having to go through the entire Romance section trying to find some supernatural hotties to read about! hehe! I was reading the backs of all the books when all of a sudden a new release's title caught my eye: HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE VAMPIRE...... ummmmmmmmm, yes please! lol! So here's the gist. Roman is a Hottie McNaughty genius vampire....Shanna is a dentist at a shadey 24 hour dentist office. Roman, poor guy...LOSES A FANG!! Well, vampires, as we all know, have super healing powers so he only has a few hours to get his fang put back in before he will have to live eternity with only 1 fang.....if you don't roll around laughing your butt off while reading this hilarious story where, FINALLY, the sexy, perfect, flawless vampire Hero of a romance novel gets put in the embarassing situation for once!!! It's adorable for him to be the "damsel in distress" needing HER to save him in the beginning of the story. But in no way does it take away from his yummy masculinity. Before I tell you any more, here's an excerpt from Kerrelyn's website:
"Welcome to the dangerous—and hilarious—world of modern day vampires. There are vampire cable channels, a celebrity magazine called Live with the Undead, and just like the living, vampires have dental emergencies. That’s how dentist Shanna Whelan, a mortal female, meets the smolderingly undead Roman Draganesti, and finds her life turning absolutely batty…"
Now, PLEASE, don't let what Im about to tell you turn you off of these stories. Trust me when I tell you, this is a FANTASTIC series and this is where the similarity ends: Roman has invented a blood substitute, making it possible for vampires not to have to feed off of humans.
I actually read THESE books before I had ever even heard of Charlaine Harris and True Blood. So in my mind, when I started reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, I was like "GASP!!!! SHE COPIED KERRELYN!!" But no one copied anyone. Two great authors had a similar idea pop into their wonderfully imaginative heads; creating two, VERY DIFFERENT worlds and story lines. Throughout the different books in the series, you will get so caught up in their world! A reality show where Vampires and Humans face off for the title of "Sexiest Man on Earth".....A gorgeous, fashion-designing male vampire that's NOT gay....even a couple of guys in kilts (wink!) This is such a fun, light-hearted series with lots of humor and witty banter, you just don't want the books to end! They leave you in a great mood, like you've just watched a great comedy.
I had the pleasure of going to Kerrelyn Sparks book signing at Katy Budget Books a few years ago when my youngest was a newborn. We got lots of pictures of my girls' (and MY!) first author's book signing. Starting my girls off right! It was so exciting meeting the writer of some of the books I've been reading for YEARS! And I'll always treasure the pictures of me and my babies with this great lady! Check out my pictures on my Kayla the Bibliophile page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.471071982934538.101827.469111539797249&type=3
Here is the reading order for this awesome series:
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 1)
  • Vamps and the City (Love at Stake, Book 2)
  • A Very Vampy Christmas: From Sugarplums and Scandal
  • Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, Book 3)
  • The Undead Next Door (Love at Stake, Book 4)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 5)
  • Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 6)
  • Forbidden Nights with a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 7)
  • The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, Book 8 )
  • Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, Book 9)
  • Vampire Mine (Love at Stake, Book 10)
  • Sexiest Vampire Alive (Love at Stake, Book 11)
  • Wanted: Undead or Alive (Love at Stake, Book 12)
  • Wild About You (Love at Stake, Book 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment