Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Michele Bardsley

I mentioned an author named Michele Bardsley in my Dakota Cassidy entry. Again, I just got really lucky plundering through the Paranormal Romance section at Books-A-Million. My husband at the time was deployed to Iraq, I was terribly morning sick (all day sick is what they should REALLY call it) pregnant with my older daughter Josalyn, so all I had the energy to do was lay around all day and read. Between loneliness, worry for his safety overseas, and not being able to keep even plain baked potatoes down, I was feeling pretty horrible. Then came this wonderful series that seriously cheered me up!!! Come on! With a title like "I'm the Vampire, That's Why" my funny bone could not resist taking this one home and giving it a shot. By now ya'll know I have to have some humor in my books. Well, mix a ton of humor, with a yummy Irish vampire, add some wonderful characters that could be YOUR neighbors, and you've got this addictive series. It's about a town called Broken Heart, Oklahoma. It has the highest divorce rate and percentage of single parents in the state. I LOVE this series because every previous character is revisited in each book! I don't know about ya'll but after reading books in a series I end up loving the characters. I may need therapy, but I end up feeling like I know them! I worry about them, laugh with them, cry for them...they become real to me! It happens with my TV shows too! My husband laughs at me because I seriously cry during EVERY episode of Grey's Anatomy. Remember that episode when Denny died and Izzy was on the elevator about to go tell him that YES she would marry him? I was SOBBING, completely inconsolable. When I could finally speak, Jason asked "You ok, babe?" and I just wailed, "NO!!!!!!! THEY'RE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!"
Anywho, now that you know Im crazy, lets continue....hehe
I would not recommend reading these out of order. There is a continuous story line through the entire series, while each individual book is about a different couple. You dont want to miss a single page! I'd definitely recommend going ahead and buying ALL the books at once because once you pick up the first one, you will not want to stop! I started reading it from the very beginning in September 2006 so it has made me INSANE having to wait for each release! I LOVE these books!
My favorite character has to be Patsy~ the town's beautition. She's the heroine of "Because Your Vampire Said So" which is Book 3. My favorite scene of all time is in the 1st book when Jessica gets to put the town hussy in her place at the town meeting! I almost died laughing!
As always, I don't want to give away all the magic that is Michele Bardsley's Broken Heart novels. But I will say you get a little bit of everything...vampires, werewolves, demons...you name it! I've stuck with this series for almost 7 years now and I will continue to buy each one the DAY they come out! Next one comes out April 2013! Squee! Its about time since the last one came out in 2011, so I'm pretty much ravenous for some Broken Heart, Oklahoma :-)
Here are the books in reading order:
  • I’m the Vampire, That’s Why (Broken Heart, Oklahoma, Book 1)
  • Don’t Talk Back To Your Vampire (Broken Heart, Oklahoma, Book 2)
  • Because Your Vampire Said So (Broken Heart, Oklahoma, Book 3)
  • Wait Till Your Vampire Gets Home (Broken Heart, Oklahoma, Book 4)
  • Tax Not the Zombie (A free Broken Heart, Oklahoma short story)
  • Over My Dead Body (Broken Heart Vampires, Book 5)
  • Come Hell or High Water: A Broken Heart Novel (Broken Heart Vampires, Book 6)
  • Cross Your Heart: A Broken Heart Novel (Broken Heart Vampires, Book 7)
  • Must Love Lycans: A Broken Heart Novel (Broken Heart Vampires, Book 8)
  • Only Lycans Need Apply (Broken Heart Vampires, Book 9) Releasing April 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now I gotta show off a little bit.... I've been modeling since I was 5 years old, and after having my 2 little girls I thought I'd have some fun and get some pics made for the husband for Christmas. The wonderful Mike Fox ( here in Pearland, TX) and I did a 50's housewife/ pin-up shoot. One of the pictures I absolutely LOVE is of me dressed up in my little housewife apron in the kitchen with a cupcake pan...it kept nudging my brain, saying "this looks really familiar..." and I FINALLY figured it out! I look just like JESSICA on the cover of "I'm the Vampire, That's Why".... I must have subconsciously posed just like the cover of one of my all time favorite series ;-) Notice, even, the cupcakes in the background of the cover art!
Finally, Michele,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful sense of humor. You helped me get through long deployments and icky pregnancy symptoms with a smile on my face! Oh, and your erotica books are the ish too....hehe!
Love, Your most loyal of fans, Kayla Robichaux

No comments:

Post a Comment